Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This week my mom and I are at general assembly in San Jose. We have met so many people who share the same beliefs as us. I had lots of fun watching the moderator election. We didn't get to see all of the election but we found out the next day the Bruce Reyes-Chow is the new moderator.He has 3 daughter which I think is very cool because it means he is very aware of youth views.
Bruce is 38 years old( which is younger than my mom! ) and a pastor at a new church development in San Francisco. He shared with the assembly that he is a blogger on his own church website and is always looking for new material.
My mom and I have also seen many family friends like Sheila Denton, Elizabeth Norquist, and even people from our own church like Larry and Melodee Kistner and Susan Skoglund. People have flown in from all over the country to be here.
I have enjoyed my experience at GA because it has taught me alot about our religion and the people who practice it.

2 comments:

Jenn Butler said...

Bethany,
Thanks for keeping us all posted!! Have fun--

Jenn Butler

Kerri said...

wow - your mom knows how to show you a good time! :-)

tell her Kerri says hi!